This Australian Artist Is Making Beautiful Things With MS Paint
Like, seriously beautiful things.
1. Sydney-based artist, Miranda Lorikeet – also known as Lazy Bones – is doing pretty, pretty things with every ’90s kid’s favourite accessory, Microsoft Paint.
Putting the work of every other part-time Paint-enthusiast to shame.
2. About a year ago, Miranda started playing around with MS Paint on her lunch breaks at work.
“I became pretty good friends with Paint,” she tells BuzzFeed Life. “We had lunch together everyday.”
3. Like the rest of the world, Miranda’s love affair with MS Paint started when she was a child – aged 11, to be exact.
Sadly, one of her first artworks – a depiction of the year 3000, complete with robot dogs being walked by their robot owners – has now been lost. A not-so-subtle reminder that the floppy disc should never be trusted.
4. Most of the illustrations follow two naked women, as they explore a “pastel, surreal universe”.
5. A universe complete with pale pink beaches.
6. Before Miranda’s illustrations with MS Paint, she’d never actually thought about producing digital art before.
“I painted with watercolours and drew with pencils throughout high school, I tried painting but I wasn’t very good at it.”
7. “I’m really glad I explored all these different mediums and finally found one that clicked with me,” says Miranda.
So are we, Miranda. So are we.
Previous Post: People amaze me.
Next Post: He Found A Speaker Outside, And When He Took It Apart, He Found Something Insane